Sunday, April 11, 2010

Not Lost!

Wiped! The writing conference was inspiring, education, enjoyable, but oh-so-tiring. So many ideas, but just a quick thought for now.

As I was waiting at the terminal in Portland at the end of Spring Break, one of those "we've oversold, whoopsies" announcements came on the loudspeaker. No one wanted to budge. There was a free ticket at stake for bumping to a late flight--one that would leave the next day.

I was seriously considering it, but then I would have to call Yatchface, get her to pick me up, stay with her boyfriends family, go through the whole idea, have less time with my dad etc. etc. etc. So...I opted to stick on the original flight. For a moment I checked myself. Was I going to regret losing an opportunity to my laziness? Well, no! Because the opportunity was not lost. The opportunity was gained for another person, and that can't be bad.

It's spring. The lilacs have arrived. I've been back in my room for a few minutes. It's time for a run.

I don't do sadness--not even a little bit. I just don't need it in my life. Don't want any part of it.

No comments: