Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Guess Today's Gunna Blow Us Away

Because I'm feeling stressy about my capstone I have written a list. You know how I roll.

21 Significant Songs of My 21st Year

21. Everyday - Buddy Holly
an anthem for leaving college
20. While You Wait for Others - Grizzly Bear
an anthem for taking it easy in the fall
19. Skid Row - Little Shop of Horrors
an anthem for getting out of winter alive
18. Pokerface - Lady Gaga
an anthem for dancing and kickboxing in my dad's house over break
17. Replay - That Guy
an anthem for driving around in a huge van full of LZ cast
16. November Blue - The Avett Brothers
an anthem for train trips to Chicago
15. 100 Easy Ways to Lose a Man - Wonderful Town
an anthem sang by me during the spring musical
14. Rita's Confession - Lucky Stiff
an anthem performed by Huntie and I at ACTF
13. I Am the One - Next to Normal
an anthem for a year of singing along
12. You Belong to Me - Taylor Swift
an anthem for kids and summer at camp
11. Let Your Love Grow Tall - Passion Pit
an anthem for summer runs on the road out of camp
10. There, There Katie - Andrew McMahon
an anthem for listening quietly in the girls dressing room
9. Keep Me Hangin' On - Diana Ross
an anthem for feeling good
8. Why Bother - Weezer
an anthem for concert pump-ups
7. All I Have to Do Is Dream - The Everly Brothers
an anthem covered by A. McMahon in concert
6. With or Without You - U2
an anthem screeched with an old roomie
5. Watcha Say - Jason Derullo
an anthem I screeched to an old roomie
4. Don't Stop Believing - Glee Cover
an anthem for Glee dates with Phyl and Bradley
3. It Won't Be Long Now - In the Heights
an anthem for brisk walks and reunions in Texas
2. Halloweenhead- Ryan Adams
an anthem for being mentally strained
1. 21 and Invincible - Something Corporate
an anthem to the year itself

Everyday it's a gettin' closer, goin' faster than a roller coaster.

Slou & Wizzy

No comments: