Friday, April 23, 2010

Come Home

Some people hate that we are mandated by this school to live in dorms all four years. But, I've always liked it. It is a closer community, and you never have to worry about rents and locations etc. It's a flat rate. You've got a house. It's done.

Tonight as I was about to brush my teeth I saw a hallmate of mine all glammed up like she was heading out. I am wearing Phyl's old purple tank top with hearts on it and gym shorts. I'm sleepy, and it's showing. I like that--that in my own home, in my own hall, I can remember that some people go out late on Fridays and others write on their blogs and go to sleep. Some are with boyfriends and others are texting their long distance dudes while watching 30 Rock. Some are hosting several friends in a room and others are together as roommates, soundlessly.

when you've got a problem you come home
you don't go out and make matters worse on your own

No comments: