Sunday, April 25, 2010

Parents' Weekend

The last Parents Weekend Variety Talent Show I will ever be in. I was talking about the dress rehearsal with Pookie-

Alice: I have to go to rehearsal at seven for the Parent Weekend Variety...Gosh what a long name.
Pookie: Shorten it. Pee-double-you...okay not worth it.



It's never the best LZ show, but it is an LZ show, and I love the cast, and I love not being in charge anymore. Yesterday the show's director called us an hour and half early...not so good for a rowdy bunch of people with nothing to rehearse. We got antsy and started playing Truth or Dare (of all things to be doing in my last quarter of college). Bradley started making up dares about mooning the audience, and for a moment I started to freak out when I remembered I am no longer responsible for anything that happens with LZ. Oh, it felt so good.


Great Things about This Picture: XTian's pits & it's resemblance to the DVD cover of One Tree Hill Season One

Anyway, my dad was here. Doling out grades to all the acts as usual. Saying things like "This musical number? So what? C." and "From joyful to joyless--F."

This morning Pookie made us tiny almond croissants and we had a heated discussion on how we all hated our PE educations.

"Oh, I hated the rope. It's like...here climb this. It's two stories high. There's like...a little mat underneath you. And, I'm like 1) I don't like doing this and 2) If I screw up I'LL DIE. I mean...the mat is really just there to sop up the blood." - My Dad

1 comment:

KDunt said...

CRAP I didn't know you guys were performing last night!!! I missed an LZ show!! Gosh I can't even remember the last time this happened...maybe 2 years ago. EEFFFFFFFF, I feel like I was just told I'm not a perfect dipper because i missed shower dips 3 days ago...

Also I need to hang out with your dad, he sounds hilar