Saturday, April 3, 2010

I Only Keep This Heap for You

Yesterday, after my first attempt at a 5K since fall, I was nasty. I actually stopped by my sister's office and she started involuntarily crying. The sweat pouring out of every inch of my skin drove her to tears. After I left, I was slugging to my house when Palms, about twenty feet away, saw me, and with the grace of a ballet dancer hopped to the side of the sidewalk and snatched up a fresh daffodil to place in my hand as he passed. The gentleman.

It was right as classes were getting out, so in the midst of bustling and freshly-taught students there I was--in my ratty basketball shirt, wet and red from the exercise, and holding a lovely little flower. It fit perfectly with the Magnetic Fields song I had just been listening to.



I'm the ugliest guy on the lower east side. But I got wheels and you wanna go for a ride.

No comments: