Friday, September 24, 2010

In Light


Final Council Fire, 2010

I am so filled with love right now. The universe hasn't aligned and all my problems haven't been solved, but I still feel full of love. I'm not sure what it is. It's not The Avetts--who I just saw. They were good, but that wasn't it. It might be a mix of the perfect FroYo, eating it with Pookie, driving along the Mississip.

I know we are supposed to retort "And why not?" Why not be full of love every minute. I mean, I know, Why Not? But also, I know why not--'cos sometimes we're unhappy and sometimes there's a lot more than there is or a lot less than there needs to be is Why Not. But. Not now.

I try to hold on--onto the buttery reigns--even for just a few minutes, a few days. I can't take it with me it seems. I'm bulging at my seams.

There's a darkness upon me that's flooded in light
In the fine print they tell me what's wrong and what's right
And it comes in black and it comes in white
And I'm frightened by those who don't see it

When nothing is old, deserved or expected
And your life doesn't change by the man that's elected
If you're loved by someone you're never rejected
Decide what to be and go be it.

There was a dream
One day I could see it
Like a bird in a cage a broke in and demanded that somebody free it
And there was a kid, with a head full of doubt
So I scream till I die and don't ask for those bad thoughts to find me out

There's a darkness upon you that's flooded in light
In the fine print they tell you what's wrong and what's right
And it flies by day and it flies by night
And I'm frightened by those who don't see it

No comments: