Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Harry Potter--The Boy Who Starred


a winter rehearsal

Daniel Radcliffe is going to star in How to Succeed in Business on Broadway. Now, I'm not saying he's a bad actor, but he's definitely not supa fly, and who knows about his singing. I wonder about the kid. He was 11 when he randomly--with a stroke of luck--became Harry Potter and had his acting career set for a decade.

Now, he will probably be getting sweet jobs for life. He's a guaranteed money-maker, and so, now, because of his role as Harry Potter, he is kind of going to have a Potter-like experience forever. Some people will hate him and make fun of him just for being who he is and some people will idolize him blindly.

I wonder if he is good at acting just from all the work he's done, if he likes it, if he can consider doing other jobs, or if...this is it?

When I was very young I went to an audition for a touring production of Les Mis. I would have dropped out of 4th grade and started show biz. I wonder about all that. Do you have more opportunities from more money and a big name and credits, or are you kind of stuck in 4th grade?

Ain't nobody gotta blessing like mine.
It's a red sky night and I'm doin' alright.

No comments: