Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fear Fitness & G-Chat with Clara

I'm kind of in a stand-off with Jillian Michaels. She doesn't know this--obvi. But, I'm miffed, you guys. Jillian hooked me with this neat program called "30 Day Shred" (which I keep accidentally calling "30 Day Shed"). I like it. I ran all summer (as that is the only exercise available when you live in a cabin in the pines), and my body was yearning for something else. I started borrowing my sister's DVD of this handy 20 minute workout that ran me ragged--a perfect plan for starting a new job. It's a small time-commitment and makes me feel balanced.

HOWEVER, the system has three levels you are supposed to move through. After ten days of Level One, today I tried Level Two. It was harder, but a good workout--a nice change BUT THEN JILLIAN STARTED MIXING HER "YOU CAN DO IT"S WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF FEAR-BASED COMMENTS. While on the strength section she prompted me to remember buying jeans and swimsuits. She pointed several times to the demonstrating ladies and commented on how much abs like that are worth ("Everything!")

Fear does not belong in education. It just doesn't. I mean, it doesn't belong anywhere besides the Scream trilogy. But, it especially does not belong in the dang comfort of my own home when I'm just trying to get my heart happy. GD.

Clara with some eggs from her chickens, 2009


clara: i'm going to a naked lady party
that starts in like five minutes
me: You're going naked???
clara: well, no
naked lady like "bring the clothes you don't want anymore and we'll swap!" party
but i could potentially get naked at any point
this is true 100% of the time

No comments: