Saturday, January 1, 2011

Midnight

So, in order to beat New Year's last year...last night didn't have to live up to much...considering last year I was out of my mind in pain from my wisdom teeth removal, at my sister's new house with only blue birthday cake ice cream and potato chips for food, and watching The Little Mermaid with my dad.


Wisdom teeth, photo by Pookie

BUT it was a GREAT night. My dear dear friend KWall was in town, so she and I had dinner to be followed by St. Louis's First Night, which was wonderful! My improv group performed to three full houses until 11:30 with breaks inbetween for the ladies and I to go out and see other shows and sights. We ate baked goods saw a sand sculpture and bopped to music and most importantly...visited the Regret Wizard.

There was this dude in a Wizard outfit with little puddles in front of him. We wrote down our regrets of the year on slips of paper and watched them vanish away into the puddles. Later we reflected on it. I asked them if they felt their regrets soften after watching them disappear. "No," said KWall. I agree, I don't feel like time has been reversed, but it surprisingly made me feel better...if only to know I have the hindsight and forethought to know when I messed up in 2010--enough that I can write it down and tell myself never to repeat the offenses.



We watched fireworks while Katy Perry played. Improv guys were all dancing around acting zany. I was happy. Am.


Yeah, I'm the one in Dusty's coat because I forgot my own...Come on! It was like 60 degrees when we were heading out!

Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y

No comments: