Saturday, January 8, 2011

Five Things (1/8)

I do this from time to time. We know how it goes right? Ohmahgah...I just pictured if this blog were a "Favorite Things" type blog like the one Mindy Kaling had...or like what Oprah deems to be "in." But unlike those two beautiful goddesses' picks, all my stuff would have not an ounce of 1) Trendy, cutie, glamness or 2) Practicality.

"Hey guys! Alice's new favorite stuff for January! Trying to Wear a Cheap Target Fleece in Lieu of a Real Coat and Being Excited that the String Cheese Purchased last October Doesn't Expire until Mid-February! Oh, and ladies? Four words on fashion: Disintegrating Gray Sports Bra! It goes with everything. If it doesn't, make it! Happy New Year!"

Cool. So, my real five things I'm grateful for today.

1. To follow up on the Nikes my blistered feet so needed--they are wonderful. My odd-shaped feet were thanking me profusely today at the gym. Shout out the the five-year-old who sewed the pink swoop on the sides.
2. MY BED. The best part of my little intern suite is the kind sized bed I have in it. I never thought I would want a bed this big, but now that it's here, I don't know how to live without one! I use one half for sleeping and one half for sorting all my work, papers, readings, etc. The perfect system! Productivity and organization without ever leaving your mattress!

To my right. Note the checked housewarming gift from Muff & Jamba!
3. Orange juice. I swear every commercial during Father of the Bride II (which I watched on my run today) featured the pulpy stuff, and immediately after leaving the gym I had a huge, icy glass of OJ. You know how sometimes you crave things and then you get them and you're like "Aw it was better in my mind..." THIS WAS NOT ONE OF THOSE TIMES. IT WAS SO GOOD.
4. Did I tell you guys about this string cheese I bought?! Oh right. I did. Really, this was a vital discovery.
5. My sissy and LC. Good peeps.

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.

2 comments:

Katie Jane said...

So funny. Except you were like "peeps" and I was like "no."

KDunt said...

I love you. HILARious...especially the part about the kiddos that sewed your nikes. So not PC, but so awesome.