Thursday, January 13, 2011

Epic Run (And I Kinda Hate the Word "Epic")


Girliest gym bag ever. Lilac socks and all.

Ran ten miles today at the gym. I only had two hours to do this. Very busy schedule this morning.

A. I was watching an episode of SNL on my iPod around mile 3 and caught my headphone wire on my hand. The iPod jumped off the little shelf and nearly flew under my foot. I offered up a little yelp. Boop.

B. I got a nosebleed at mile five, but I was on a schedule, so I just...bled. Shirt = super disgusting.

C. I now am running like a real runner. I invested in new kicks, shorts, and socks. These things MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE. I can't believe how with the right kind of shorts my back doesn't hurt, and my feet are virtually blister free after seriously having blisters from running for the past like...five years? I started the think about all those conversations people have about Olympians and if special water-resistant swimsuits are legit blah blah blah. And then I was like "DUH! THE OLYMPICS SHOULD BE NAKED!" Because then...you know...there's no question. It's just, well, it's just how it is!

I can't decide if I'm a genius or not.

1 comment:

courtneyfloatsyourboat said...

I hate the word "epic," too. I'm glad you made a note of that. Also, I love that you kept running even with the nosebleed.