Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It Has Come to My Attention


Spring 2010

Remember last week when I regaled everyone with my victory over having a nosebleed while running? Having a nosebleed while running made me feel like a warrior. Like when I am leaving the gym and suddenly my iPod is all "Imma play 'Live Your Life' by T.I. and Rihanna!" and I'm all "Yuh duh. This is so perfect right now." And I bop all the way home and nod at strangers like "Yeah. You don't even KNOW what's goin' on in these headphones. Crazy things are goin' down. 'I Want It All' from High School Musical 3 is probably comin' up next."

So...I was retelling that story over lunch today. I was with one of my old directors and Stripes. We were at a food court, and a boy near us had a nosebleed. I launched into my tale of Xena-like proportions. But they just sort of blinked. I was laughing, "See? I didn't have a choice!" But my director said, "You...you could have stopped and cleaned up your blood...?"
"No, but like..." I was loosing my footing, "I would have been late and..."
Enter Rex, sitting nearby in distaste, "You always have a choice."
So...it has come to my attention that perhaps I am sort of neurotic and not necessarily, um, cute.

No comments: