Monday, February 8, 2010

Junk


Bradley, Berger, and Blanche in my room last Q
So many possessions. I always think back to my sister leaving college and needing two van-loads to haul her crap out of the dorms and say, "Alice, you're sittin' pretty on your couple of tubs." But, when I look around, I still have so much. I think I don't, but I do. I really do.

I probably don't need most of it, but I like having all of it. Everything is important and useful in its own way, right?

Here's a list of things other people might not find absolutely crucial to life, but I do:
(all within my view from where I am standing at the edge of my bed)

-My speech and debate trophy bowl from Nationals 2005. I hold my bobby pins in it, and bobby pins are crucial to control my girl mullet.
-A sleeping mask. I've had it since 5th grade, and it allows me to be the best roommate ever. Muff can leave the lights on all night for all I care. It's darkness to me.
-A Japanese kerchief on my dresser. When I'm tired and need to plop my laptop there, the bottom doesn't get scratched up thanks to the cloth.
-Alice in Wonderland mug. As I wake up or as I'm falling asleep, many important ideas flood my brain, and I need to write them down. My eyes are often blurry, so I need to be able to count on grabbing at the same mug full of pens.
-Bottle of Purell. Playtime with Blanche does not always follow a trip to the bathroom sinks.

We've all got our junk, and my junk is you.

No comments: