Saturday, April 21, 2012

Finals Semester Dos: Grad School Year Uno

After reading this study question three times, in true self-defense, I just fell asleep for an hour:

"According to our reading, 'the linguistic sign unites not a thing and a name, but a concept and a sound image' (Saussure 4). Basing your discussion in this idea of semiotics, explain general structural and post-structural perspectives of interpretation. Discuss specifically how this relates to theatre performance by discussing how structural and post-structural interpretive perspectives might differ when brought to bear on a production of Ibsen’s Hedda Gabler."


Uh...kill me?

My current fantasy:
Swimming in my pool for an hour or so followed by nachos and watching Titanic again in the theatre. Then, brownie sundaes and reading Beginner's Guide to Community-Based Theatre. Other stipulations: a cold bed and warm blankets to read in, braless day, phone turned off, no emails, boombox playing Lucky Boys Confusion while I swim. Shut up, shut up, shut up--it's my day.

Cool. Now thats out of my system...Except now that I wrote it, I just want it more.


The Pacific in 2011. COME BACK OCEAN.

The radio plays our favorite song. It's what keeps me holding on.
Baby, do you miss me now that I'm gone?
Do you miss me?
I remember the day that you told me you wanted to find another man.
Now I hear you cry every time we play Arizona Stand.
Now I'm standing here with 50 of my friends and a keg of Killians.
And you're at home with your Ani Difranco tapes again.

No comments: