Monday, April 16, 2012

Encroachin'

I'm not one to get too Christian woo woo here, but I read this verse today, and I was pretty inspired:

"Where I am, there ye may be also" (John 14: 3)

I think we hear a lot--regardless of what faith we are or aren't--this concept that God/Good is where WE are, but rarely do I consider that flipped. But, actually, that makes more sense. It's as significant of a difference as saying, "I ate at the same pizza parlor as Cher" vs. "Cher ate at the the same pizza restaurant I did." Do you get what I mean? I might not be clear. This is a break from studying all my theory notes and grading a billion script outlines while listening to the Titanic soundtrack on repeat.

It's not that we go to horrible places, but, you know what? Good stuff can be there! It's more like...we are inherently where Good stuff is. We encroached on God's domain--not vice versa. And that's nice. It's nice to encroach on God's domain. S/he doesn't mind. Rather, we're all quite welcome.


In two months I'mm be at camp with this one. Kath & Me. 2011.

No comments: