Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Snapshots: September 14th, 2011

"You are one of the few people I know that would be like, "A person died, but at least it made a good musical number!"
and be totally serious."--Dusty on me explaining that "'Til We Reach That Day" in Ragtime justifies (SPOILER ALERT) Sarah's murder


The first play I wrote for my Playwrights Seminar was very...experimental, ambiguous, open, and everyone knew it. But so did I. During feedback, which was pretty cut cut what cut, I looked over at Blue Eyes, who gave me the sweetest smile and mouthed an apologetic, "I love you!" I went out to the hipster hangout bar with him post-class. He ordered a double vodka, and I kept my eye on the level of liquid left in his curvy glass as we discussed non-linear writing style. It's difficult enough to distinguish good ideas from bad ones in conversations of narrative structure. We made decent theoretical headway before I had to hop on my bike and get to the Thai Elephant for a dinner date with MAF and her hubby.

Good Stuff:
-leftover red curry in the fridge
-Clara visits in nine days
-Andrew Jackson Jihad lately
-quitting the sandwich gig honestly and the boss being supes understanding

1 comment:

KDunt said...

What is Andrew Jackson Jihad??