Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bein' Like Ani--Shouting and Laughter


Chelle--who made me update this blog right now--at rehearsal this very night.

Guess what!? I spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME SCREAMING. Which is weird--because I never actually scream and mean it within the context of my own life. I've written about this before...how I probably just don't feel the need to be dramatic in reality because I get to explode like clockwork within the context of performance. But...lately the screaming has been a bit much.

I scream way too much these days. I wrote about this last week, but, seriously. Thursdays, muchachos. An improv show mid-day, then teaching my section of Screenwriting, then doing sketches a trillion times for dress rehearsal...Today I actually had to hide in the library for an hour and be silent because my whole existence felt like rumbling. Big stressful, crazed rumbling. I'm pretty convinced it's going to affect my mental health. I mean, how much can you scream before your body starts inherently thinking you live in crisis mode every day.

I am going to try to consciously scream less this upcoming week. My energy, body, and vocal chords just can't do it.

We woke up with the notion
that enough is not enough without more.
And then we pushed with one motion
like the ocean heaves a wave at the shore.

No comments: