Monday, September 5, 2011

Laboring


Alice + Kath. Sunset on Lake Michigan. Summer 2011.

Today was Labor Day:

-Went running
-Read a lot about dramaturgy
-Met my best friend from Chicago's best friend from college (who happens to have just started a PhD program here) for lunch at a delightful breakfast/sandwich/bagel restaurant
-Wrote at my desk
-Wrote in the kitchen
-Wrote by the pool
-Talked to Jamin on the phone
-Talked to Henne on the phone
-Talked to Berger on the phone
-Baked cookies to celebrate a fellow playwright's new opening
-Gave my roommate and the dude who was studying biochem with him cookies because how horrible is it to be a in a house with fresh baked cookies and not get any?
-Went out to a lil bar to see new friend JD host a stand-up show
-Wrote in this blog

I'll keep working my way back to you, babe,
with a burning love inside.
I'm working my way back to you, babe,
with a happiness that died.

No comments: