Monday, July 4, 2011

USA!

Happy Independence Day!

You guys, I dislike a lot of things about my culture (wastefulness, consumerism, and close-mindedness), but I do love America. For real. I love it, and I love the 4th of July.


Sissies celebrate America. Photo by Char.

Stuff I Like about the Fourth:
Veggie corndogs are in the freezer.
The air-conditioning is blasting. (Which makes me strangely feel like a kid again.)
American rah-rah songs.
Lemonade and apple pie.
Red, white, and blue.*
Relaxation.
Small-town appreciation.
Sunshine.
Fireworks.**

The best thing about the 4th of July is that it's a holiday that everyone celebrates (nationwide), and there's no wrong way to celebrate it! Think about it. Most holidays are exclusive when it comes to who you should be with on the special day. Some require romance, some family, and some friends. But the 4th can be any and all! It's not like lacking a boyfriend on Valentines, family on Thanksgiving, or friends on New Years, or working on Christmas. You can do WHATEVER YOU WANT with WHOEVER YOU WANT or NOTHING AT ALL and there is no judgement involved!

And, THAT, my friends, is what I call liberty and justice for all.

*Good country colors are important. Take it from the girl whose HS colors were brown and orange.
**Even though they are bad for the environment.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Love love LOVE you guys!!