Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Step One


Jamin & Me, Freshman Year Winter Quarter

Sometimes when I think about how much I have changed in the past four years I feel like I am going to explode, or I should have, or I am going to soar to outstanding heights.

Today's anthem has been guilt. I can't explain it. Maybe my father's stint with Catholicism is hereditary. Some days it is all I feel. For everything. Vegan April has magnified this emotion/feeling/burden--there will be a grand update on the whole thing when the time is right, but for now, just this:

Guilt is more wasteful than poor environmental practices, and it serves no purpose in my growth. Or yours. That said, ignorance should still be uplifted, joy unbound, life free, but the guilt, oh, the sagging, dragging, bumping guilt can be cast off. Obliterated by a trillion peace doves flying in tight formations, beaks pointed.

Step One: Destroy the Guilt

No comments: