Saturday, October 2, 2010

Easy A...Minus


Hunny & me in 2006

LC, Pookie, and I went and saw Easy A a couple days ago. I actually really enjoyed it. I mean, part of it is that over the past year my taste in movies has gone from believable dramas to trashy comedies I don't have to think about. But, regardless, there were a lot of really funny literary-esque lines...like referring to girl friendships as "Gossip Girl in the Sweet Valley of Traveling Pants."

Of course, in movies like this the ever-obvious problem is that plain girl goes sexy is always way cheesy because let's face it, it's a movie star. You know--She's All That or whatever. But, here, it was like...they didn't even TRY. She was super cute and trendy but "invisible"--not possible. I mean, come on, they didn't even put her hair up or give her glasses! Classic moves of geek to chic!

Anyway--the other thing is that Emma Stone looks, like, identical to my HS bestie Hunny. They make the same facial expressions and everything.

I get on my dirt bike and ride to my girls'. I'm gunna lay down the law and tell them what's goin' on.

No comments: