Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tennessee


Peace Please! Bradley & Nac, 2009.

"So far, the law has been challenged only once. Filed by an anonymous waiter, the complaint contended that allowing guns into a tavern creates an unsafe work environment for servers. His complaint was denied by the state’s Division of Occupational Safety and Health." -Malcolm Gay on Tennessee gun laws that say loaded guns in bars = A-OK

Of course at first I was frustrated beyond belief. WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?! Seth Meyers on SNL made some Weekend Update crack like, "If you're from one of those states wondering how you're gunna die...You're gunna be shot in a bar." But, you know, I've never been to Tennessee, maybe it's really as full of rapists, killers, and thieves as the NRA and Tennessee court systems seem to think it is. Tennessee: So Many Criminals We Need Guns Everywhere. I never understand that. Do gun-loving groups realize they are devaluing the place they live (their town, city, state, country) when they say it is necessary to have guns? Are you really making a case for the safety of Tennessee civilians when you make it seem like 4 out of 5 people are going to walk into restaurants on a killing spree? I sort of want everyone in Tennessee to die if its become that riddled with crime. At least that would be good for the environment. Think about it--some million extra bodies promoting the heat death of the universe disappear and country music decreases tenfold. I like it. Shoot on!

Do me a favor. If I should waver, be my savior, and get out the gun.

No comments: