Saturday, October 9, 2010

Stranger Pumpkin


Last Halloween

Target is so dangerous to me right now. Also bakeries. I absolutely love pumpkins in every possible sense. Pumpkin candles, scones, coffee, chocolates, stuffed animals dressed as pumpkins, pumpkin piggy banks, real pumpkins, pumpkin sweaters, a pumpkin card I bought.

Today my dad was were visiting. We saw Devil together. We have a tradition with M. Night movies. It was okay--not as good as the ol stuff, but not as horrid as the past couple movies.

The thing was, it's been out a while, and we went in the middle of the day. So, there were a total of four people in the theatre. And...then this random girl came and sat right next to my dad and I...and she insisted on not sitting on the side by the stairwell. She actually came a couple minutes late to the movie and wanted to sit right next to me, and she wanted to scootch past both of us to get there. Remember, there are four people in the theatre. What?

I'm sure this type of thing would have made more sense fifty years ago. You go to a movie alone, so you sit with some strangers and make a friend. I know I'm a horribly anti-social person and the internet has eaten my soul. Funny though right?

Since I moved in high school I'm never afraid to make new friends. I figured moving into adulthood etc. I would be meeting peeps and making friends all the time, but I'm actually pretty darn busy. New friends? Who has time?

Turn the lights off. Carry me home.

No comments: