Sunday, January 24, 2010

Summer 2004


Summer Brave Fall, 2009--it was fall in reality, summer in my mind

Summer 2004: Got my driver's license. Spent many days in DG and OL with Henne. Spent many nights at The Ranch with Liss and Knoze. Ate Culvers and went to camp.

I'm working on my advanced creative writing seminar project right now. It's going terribly. I cannot focus. I keep thinking about this one day in summer '04:

Fran and I went to Elmhurst to meet with two of her friends from St. Ignatias. We walked from the girls' neighborhood to a Coldstone Creamery. I got a waffle cone of sweet cream with gummy bears. We walked to the cinema and saw Napolean Dynamite. I got concerned about moving during the opening credits and didn't laugh the whole time. My mom picked Fran and I up that night. We listened to the Ragtime soundtrack on the way home. We hit a train, and my mom was late for church.

No comments: