Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Little Heart Just Can't Take It

Semi-finals were good. Not great. But good. In an hour we find out if we progress to finals. I hope someone from Prin does. If it is me or if it is not me I think I will be equally satisfied.

My little heart just can't take it. I woke up at 2:45 AM today and couldn't sleep. My nerves gave me a splitting headache and jangled my limbs. I went to the bathroom four times. I read almost an entire novel. I wrote. I thought. I thought. I practiced slating to myself (for probably half an hour--and I still messed it up). I thought. I was first in line for the hotel breakfast. I walked on a treadmill.

In short--I was nuts. So, if I have to go through it all again tomorrow...I'm not sure a final round will be worth it. Still antsy from the last performance. What happened to me? In high school I was competing every weekend. Have I atrophied that fast?

No comments: