Saturday, January 23, 2010

Priorities


Wonderful Town 2009

Take a close look at your options, and decide what you should do.

Since I was aware of the concept, I have always thought my priorities were pretty sturdy. I've always been somewhat intelligent, rational, grounded, etc. I know how to keep my "priorities straight." I know some people who surely went to college to learn how to deal with priorities. Some kids go into school not understanding how to manage time so they can do their work. How they should ration money. How do they balance the potential to be with a lover all the time and keep friends etc. etc.?

I think I had that stuff figured out pretty well. What I don't think I knew was how to prioritize my "good" priorities. For example, school is always a priority. Always, always, always...but this week it was too hard to focus on my classes and appreciate my opportunities at ACTF. School. Not a priority for a few days. And...that makes sense. My life is going to be far more determined by what happened at the conference than by what happened in the classes of American Lit I missed. So my grades suffer? So what?

Incidentally, a woman who saw me in semis offered me a spot as Lucy in You're a Good Man Charlie Brown in her summer stock company. So, there's that to think about. I kinda don't care what happens to my GPA.

You could make your own decisions or do what they tell you to.

No comments: