Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Science Brain

Ideally, I'd be updating this blog every day. I know that's not going to happen, but it's a goal. I haven't updated a good while now which is funny because in the past couple days I have had so many interesting thoughts to share--but none of them would have been good here.

So, something fluffier:

I do not have a science brain. No matter how I try, it is impossible for me to immerse myself in science. Hence, I'm taking my last gen-ed now, as a senior, and its a 100-level bio class. Awesome. But, seriously, I open the book and read and I retain nothing. In class i pay attention and take notes, but it registers shakily with many holes.

Is it possible that because I have not nurtured science in my mind and studies I am just rusty and out of shape? Or, is my mind pre-formed to be more able to read a play than a chapter about zooplankton? OR, at some point did I mentally shut myself down by deciding I didn't have a science brain, and thus, I don't!

No comments: