Sunday, September 6, 2009

Insomnia, Journals, and Miracles

My whole life I've been keeping journals--not so quality when I was 8, but they existed. Since I was in 8th grade I've had some form of online blog. Those also have progressed over the years. Tonight, I am battling insomnia yet again, and I hope to all that is Good it doesn't follow me into school. Meanwhile, I decided to re-read my LiveJournal from First Semester of my Junior year of high school.

For those of you unfamiliar with this time period in my life--September through December 2004 was misery. Literally. My mom and I up and moved to St. Louis from Chicago and I called it "Misery" instead of "Missouri". I was sixteen and had no friends. Very sad, many many embarrassing adolescent feelings and situations.

Some Incredible Things I Realized/Remembered:

*The strength inside our hearts and minds is absolutely shocking. My life was hell, and I totally survived.
*My friends from Chicago may be nothing more than a random text or Facebook message once a year, but I am FOREVER in their debt because they supported me more than I can even describe. Although I was long gone from their fast-paced teenage lives, they all made huge efforts to call me frequently, read my depressing journal entries, and leave a million loving and helpful comments and letters.
*It is a miracle in hindsight that I made a few really good friends within two months and those friends were top-o- the-line quality folk.
*My two favorite classes were Improv Fundamentals and Creative Writing I. The only reason I was in either was because the classes I requested wouldn't fit into my schedule, and those were the next best thing. Those are now my primary interests/ career plans.
*My vocabulary, voice, and grammar have come so far. I mean, I'd hope so, but I'm just glad I have proof.

Maybe I'll post some blasts from the past sometime. Until then, I just hope I can blast into dream world before I have to wake up.

No comments: