Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Perfect Art


My biggest hesitation with the arts, to quote Ben Folds, is that there's always someone cooler than you. There is. Nothing is new--ever in life--so why would I try to make something? Right? I don't like the idea of production, but I do like creation. That's why I love improv. It is the perfect art form.

No mater what you do, whether the joke has been made, it's the simplest scene in the book, it's a stupid game...whatever. It's fresh and you're bringing it to life by golly and who cares if its old or new because its there now and it'll never be there again.

Just had a phenomenal open rehearsal for Lazy Zipper. I have no idea how we're going to cast the show this year--the people who have been coming out have been so impressive in their own ways.

I love this photo of Nac and I dancing in the Perry Lounge last year during a practice round of Object Dance Off. February 2009.

Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall. Oh, there's always someone cooler than you.

No comments: