Friday, August 19, 2011

First Day of Schoolio

Yesterday was the first day of classes at school. The classes I'm taking actually only meet on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but I did TA my first class. In celebration of day uno, the theatre and film department hosted a mixer for all the grad students at My Big Fat Greek Restaurant** last night.

Boulder--the other TA--and I were leaving class, making plans to go to the event together. We were unlocking our bikes, and he accidentally busted part of his chain. "That's not good," he said, "But...I'll probably be okay."

"Well, you can't die," I said, "because we already made plans to go to the mixer. Tell you what, if you die, come back as a ghost to tell me you won't be making it."

He scoffed. "First of all, I'm not going to die. Second, if I get to be a ghost, I'm not wasting my time haunting your ass. First place I'd go is the Art Department."

"The Art Department?" I asked as he pedaled away.

He began to sing, "Ooooooooooh myyyy daaaaaarling, I've hungered for yoooooooour touch." I laughed and laughed as he sang louder and louder into the midst of traffic the next block over.

**I ate so much hummus and feta. Forever yum.

And time goes by so slowly,
And time can do so much.

No comments: