Saturday, March 20, 2010

Thursday in Portland

We started the day right with meatless sausage and avocado in our eggs and fresh jam on our toast. We ate outside in the sunshine and proceeded to hoof it all the way downtown to Powell's singing Everclear all the while.

I will buy you a garden where your flowers will bloom.
I will buy you a new car--perfect shiny and new.
I will buy you a new house way up in the west hills.



I got lost in the massive bookstore for hours. The best, of course, were the rows and rows of plays. So, so enthralled to be surrounded by great theatre. I made several important purchases the most exciting of which is The Pillowman because I could not wait until I even left the store to begin revisiting it after seeing it last October.

Before exiting downtown we got dinner and the rest of the night was mine while Clara studied for her final final.

No comments: