Saturday, March 13, 2010

No More Pencils, No More Books


on the lake with Wizzy, Kay, and Lando Two Summer 2009

I am not required to be in an academic classroom ever again! Although, I'm sure I will be. I feel my future of teaching gurgling up inside me more now than ever. Neither here nor there. I am done with every test, paper, project, portfolio, meeting etc. for the quarter. And next quarter I have no class. No class! I will be taking

-the spring play for credit
-my capstone (independent writing work)

and that's ALL. I will be auditing a gender theory course, but that will have no requirements of me.

I could be cliche and say it seems like just yesterday I took my first college course, and, in some ways it does, but it also feels like it has been a long road from freshman year to my final no-class spring. I am very very happy.

In other news, I have officially accepted my job as head counselor at camp again this summer. I am pleased as punch. I just got the staff list and am ever so thrilled by the group of women I will be working alongside on Lake Michigan. I must remember this moment for the days when I am so sucked into camp I feel like I cannot breathe: I really want to be there. Additionally, Kay, Tacos, G-Bear, and Lando Two will be in the kitchen. Who could ask for anything more?

I can't wait for summer and the Warped Tour.

No comments: