Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cast-List

Last night were the call-backs for Robin Hood. They were enjoyable. I read for the two crotchety and crude old women parts. That's appropriate. I know the casting has been done, but I'm not sure if the list is up yet.

I'm not nervous because I was not attached to any part. I just want to be a part, and I am fairly certain there would at least be some small role lying around for me in my final quarter here.

Reading cast-lists--one of the most heart-pumping experiences. No one can say people who skip sports for theatre don't know what it's like to have their pulse soar. Walking up to the cast-list can be absolutely numbing. But, strangely enough, it hasn't been for me nearly as often as I would expect. Either my call-back has been super telling (being the only one called to read Rosemary) or I haven't been called back (42nd Street) or I find out by surprise (Bradley telling me before I got to the theatre that I was in his one-act). It's been that way for eight of the parts I have had in college.

But, oh. Not number nine. Wonderful Town. I let myself fall in love with a part. I let myself really want it, and I let it be potentially out of my league. I went to the theatre before my work-out. After my work-out. Before lunch. After lunch. Finally, I heard Rex saying Dir. T said 1 PM. My insides were jack-hammering. I shook. I walked out into the foyer. I heard the list get tacked up. I walked to the computer lab adjacent. I sat down. I stood up. I called my sister and said "I'm too scared. I am." I tried to breath. I walked to the list. I released the the breath I had been holding at the sight of my name and my new character's name. Oh, no better feeling.

I am up early, going for a run. Yes, I will run by the theatre to see if the list is up yet. Mainly, and this is so silly, I hope to act in a scene one final time with Bradley and a first time with Stripes. That's all a girl can really ask for.

the last time Bradley, Stripes, and I were all in a play: Gogol's Government Inspector Fall 2007--also included with Stripes and I, my old roommate Lashes


No comments: