Monday, March 15, 2010

Pages


Blanche and I enjoying short stories by Anton Chekhov on a Sunday morning last October.

In the lib with my sissy. Checkin' out books for break. Right now I have Cannery Row, Writing in Restaurants, Player Piano, The Bell Jar, and two monologue collections for capstone inspiration.

Already packed and ready are Jonathan Safron Foer's newest book, a book on playwrighting by Jeffrey Hatcher, and The Interpreter of Maladies.

I am ridiculously excited. So many books I have been dying to read. Not that I haven't enjoyed reading for school this quarter...it's just nice to pick sometimes. I finished the last required reading of the quarter and started reading Fun Home as a little treat to myself in between finals studying...I could not focus on my final papers until I had finished the book. That's the trouble with majoring in English--always reading, never picking. Hopefully, I will not read everything I bring because I hope to be too busy prancing about with Clara. But, one can never be too prepared with her books.

Portland, here I come!

No comments: