Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wooden Eyes


Me&Muff made up, Dressing Room, Summer Brave last November

Right now, even after two-face washings and a shower, I've got a bunch of eyeliner stuck to my lids. It's from the One-Acts last night. (Side: Very much enjoyed the experience--very grateful for the cast and all those who came out to support the show.) I use liner pencil. After I shower, my eyes always hurt. They don't sting. They hurt. Like someone is poking my eye. Today I realized, uh doy, I am basically putting wood shavings in my eyes when I wear liner. Huh.

I can't believe so many people do this on a regular basis. I guess a lot of girls have moved over to liquid, but I still prefer pencil. Bu, I am putting wood in my eye. So, there's that. I wonder if in a couple ears all liner pencils will be discontinued because some scientist will be like "Uh...we should prove how this causes cataracts." And, then, poof, it will be a highly known fact that eye pencil is terrible for you. Even then, will I actually stop using it? I mean, I doubt it would be breaking news that using an eye pencil is bad for you. When would I find out? Has such a study actually already been done? I don't even know!

when I'm away she puts her make-up on the shelf

1 comment:

KDunt said...

I have switched to the eye pencil that isn't actually a pencil but a plastic tubey thing that you twist the top half and the color stick twists up too. Kind of the same idea as lip stick, only in eye pencil form. It works wonders.