Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Muse! Concert! Phoenix! 2013!

-brilliant performers in terms of filling a fat stadium with energy
-visual aspects of the show: rad x a milli (lasers whaddup)
-so darn danceable--and dance we did--hop, sway, twirl!
-best song: "Madness" (for singability, technical effects, colors)
-worst song (but honestly still not even that bad): "Liquid State"
-I feel like a part of history now that I've officially watched the lighter evolve into the flashlight app for iPhones
-the line "this ship is takin' me far away/far away from the memories of the people who care if I live or die" is so amazingly romantic in every sense...and live, it made me consider the people who do care if I live or die, which is, like, the point of art
-called my sister during "Supermassive Black Hole" and she texted "SUPER MASSIVE JEALOUS KISSES"
-sound quality: crystal clear
-as always with huge concerts, I wish there was more personability, but Muse tried their best with the thematic set-list, with the friendly retorts, with the stark and sad video footage of our current world
-people always rave about how Muse is da best live band ever, but, like, yeah...they have an extremely valid point
Video Pyramids!
The night was warm! The night was young! Bisque and I drove off to meet with our other concert-goers. Everything was perfect, so I said so. And our windows were down. We approached three people  on foot. "They should know," he said. So I yelled at them. I yelled, "EVERYTHING IS PERFECT." And one yelled back: "Woo!"

How much are you worth?
You can't come down to earth.
You're swelling up, you're unstoppable.

No comments: