Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 3rd & Regret

Packed two movies for myself over break. Didn't get the luxury of watching one on the plane to St. Louis because I was still finishing my final papers. Not the plan, but, of course, what happened. As I pulled my suitcase handle up in PHX and wheeled toward my gate with sad, baggy eyes, I thought, "The last thing I need is to be flying back to the desert, crammed into my Southwest seat, editing a play and viciously plunking away at a conference application. I promise to finish my work before Thursday January 3rd."

Well, guess what I'll be doing tomorrow on the airplane?

WHEN WILL I LEARN?
Mia's NYE bow.
Keep the earth below my feet.
For all my sweat, my blood runs weak.
Let me learn from where I have been.
Keep my eyes to serve, my hands to learn.

No comments: