Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Gwoss Widdle Awice

Cool thing about hanging out with my dad is that I can be disgusting, and I don't even think about it. Like how I just drank this Mexican hot chocolate, kept putting the marshmallows in my mouth, sucking them of their juices, and spitting them back in the mug to re-soak and repeat. I am privileged to have a surprising number of friends who'd accept that kind of behavior, but only after a few (well-deserved) judgey eyebrows. My dad just kind of looks at me and carries on finding the Mary Tyler Moore show on cable--which has held up surprisingly well by the way. Throwin' my hat up to 2013!

Happy New Year.
How will you make it on your own? 
This world is awfully big, girl. This time you're all alone.
But it's time you started living--
it's time you let someone else do some giving.
Love is all around, no need to waste it.
You can have a town. Why don't you take it?
You're gonna make it after all.
You're gonna make it after all.

No comments: