Friday, March 9, 2012

Crazy Stupid Love

As you may have been able to tell, I've had a rough patch lately. This are very good, but I'm just getting out of a creativity stalemate, some homesickness, some physical sickness. As of today, the storm on all fronts has passed, but I just want to give a shout-out to my immediate family for being such goofy supporters.

Some things--a very partial list:

1. My mom wrote this in an e-mail to me today:

"I love you, Sweetie! You are such a precious wonderful child/adult!"

Oh, MOMS.

2. It was Oreo's 100th birthday on Tuesday. I flipped a lid knowing there were special edition cookies out in the world that I had not tried. I called three major grocery stores in my area--no dice. I looked on Amazon and almost bought Oreos online, but before I got that crazy, I texted my dad asking if he'd check his local store. Yes, I'm a nut muffin. He found the dang Oreos. He sent them to me. He put a shipping track on them, and he texted me all week about the cookies' whereabouts until finally today, they were in my hot little hands.

3. While I was in bonkers-mode looking at desserts on Amazon, I found limited edition gingerbread Pop-Tarts. Obvi--not in season, but someone was selling some! I e-mailed my sister the link for her marveling eyes. Without saying anything, the box showed up at my house yesterday.



So...recap.

-I love limited edition stuff.
-Desserts are the way to my heart.
-Even though my family is all split up across the state of Illinois, they are united in loving me. I love them.
-Updates on the cookies and Tarts forthcoming. Just in case you're dying to know.
-Today has been a very good day.

No comments: