Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Two Percent

Remember "Milk Time" from elementary school? Probably the bane of every teacher's existence, but a highlight of my LIFE.

Every day, mid-morning, the school janitor would prepare crates of milk for every classroom. You had to order your "type" at the beginning of the year. I remember I was one of the few kids who got white--it was just me and the couple boys whose moms probably thought any amount of chocolate before noon would set them into a hyperactive screaming frenzy.

I like the idea of having a daily milk break. One little carton of goodness. Something to count on.

I wonder what's a given in my life right now that will seem like cotton candy land in ten years. It could be a favorite pair of undies long worn through, the sounds my phone makes getting text messages, the little blue light on my dashboard that tells me the brights are on.

I always kinda sorta wished I looked like Elvis.

No comments: