Monday, May 13, 2013

A Few Good Men

Be a supportive person. You have no reason not to be.

At his backyard party Friday, I asked Blue Eyes what summer held. He smiled a "you're not going to like this" and told me the job in Alabama reopened.

Blue Eyes is one of the most supportive people I have ever known. It was bad enough to think he won't be in workshop anymore. I waited until I was outside to slump my shoulders. To breathe the puffy, huffy breaths.

But. I wasn't alone on that suburban street. One: there were stars. And two: this man person to hug me tight and exhale. And three: all the goodbyes I've said before. Never gone.

It's so simple, but it means so much. To be supportive.

You did your best with a hopeless case.
That's ludicrous. You are the best thing about this place.

No comments: