Thursday, May 24, 2012

Judgement Days

Having a really hard time lately be nonjudgemental. Everything is bothering me from the piece of trash someone let fly out of their car window to General Mills for marketing their sugar terrorism.

I've been leeching onto the priority of removing my own beams, but the judgement sticks itself to me like window clings of tiny cartoon coffees at Dunkin Donuts. Mmmm...donuts.

Everyone's a screw-up in some way. It's basically inevitable. So, we must eschew judgment because there will ALWAYS be opportunities to judge. If you're judgmental, the world ends up looking like a dump pile. Because NEWSFLASH, all your judging does zilch besides make it easier to keep judging.

We all know this. But, here are the real questions:
1. If the judgement is right, is it ever pushy? If you're wrong, have you forfeited your right not to be pushed? Is actually the only right we own the entitlement to push and push back?
2. Where does it COME from? What makes me feel like its a good idea to be judgmental? I think we all act from standpoints of good--sometimes we just don't recognize our motive and our actions don't match. It feels like I'm trying to accomplish something good with judgement, but I'm obviously not. Why does it feel so natural to judge others if we're not meant to do it/if it's unhealthy/if it's not WWJD? You know? I sincerely do not know.

Yatchface with a cookie when we were roommates in 2010.

I'm starting with the man in the mirror.
I'm asking him to change his ways.

No comments: