Saturday, October 15, 2011

Poop, Fart, Getting My MFA


Lowsta and Me post-meeting Wednesday. Photo by Sid.

This week's sketch show included a runner called "Alice S------: Dramatic Writing Masters Student." It was Lowsta's brainchild--a bit on how, as a grad student, I sometimes justify stupid things via critical theory. Complete with an upbeat snappy jingle.

When we opened the sketch last week in the comedy GMail account during our writer's meeting, the subject was "Alice the Dramatic Writing POOPHEAD"--real mature, Lowsta. I laughed though.

Then, that night, we were doing edits, so I downloaded the document to my computer only to see that it was saved as "Alice Stanfart." So, this is graduate school.


The sketch ended with me and Lowsta screaming and crying about how useless English degrees are while shoving donuts into our mouths as the peppy jingle played over us. The wreckage.

Four years of college and plenty of knowledge have earned me this useless degree.

No comments: