Thursday, October 27, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, POOKIE!


May 2011.

Today is my sister's birthday. I love my sister a whole lot. She makes me really happy for a lot of reasons, but I will compose a partial list about her past year of life:

-Pookie made me so many desserts last year. It's unreal. Cookies, pie, even non-dairy/egg treats during my Vegan April. Desserts are the fastest way to my heart--figuratively and literally. <3s for Pooks.
-She let me be a complete slug on her couch when I needed a week to get over a break-up. I wore the same button-down shirt and red running shorts for literally eight days. She cooked for me and rubbed my back.
-She drove my lame booty to musical rehearsals sometimes.
-We watched a lot of good and bad movies and TV last year. It was all enjoyable because we were together!
-She made a lot of really cool videos for work. She's really good at her job.
-She's REALLY REALLY FUNNY. Like, I ALWAYS LAUGH WITH POOKIE.
-Pookie places a high importance on fun stuff. We realize often that if something fun is happening Pookie will say, "Yes!" and I will already be halfway out the door, trying to run away. But, a lot of the time, at the end of everything, I am glad my sister made me be fun with her.
-Last year was such a gift--just being able to go to the gym together, catch a movie, grab a milkshake mid-day--I honestly feel blessed.

Happy Birthday, Pookie.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You must have a giant stockpile of unattractive photos of me. That's okay. This was obviously the best part of my birthday this year.