Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ew 2011

Maybe it's just a tad OCD, but I really don't like odd years besides the 5's. Like, I really enjoyed graduating in 2010. That sounds really nice. 2006 and 2008 were good years too. I liked going to Japan in 2008. That has a ring to it.

But 2009? 2009 was actually a really good year, but it still looked gross. Don't get me started on '07. 2011 looks and sounds ugly. Ick. Can't we skip these things?

I was going to get a tattoo in 2010. I almost did in '07 but honestly didn't want that to be the year I got. Now, I will have to wait until 2012. I have a design and place, but I am only 99% sure about it. So, I guess even if there's a breath of hesitation you don't do it, right? Maybe not. I think of Dusty, who was taking out the garbage after our cast party with me two nights ago. It was 1 AM. We thought the dumpster was out back, but a sign said an emergency alarm would sound. We stood still, then he said with conviction, "You know what? Improv. Make a choice and commit to it." He pushed on the door and sirens blared.


Dusty and Peanut Brittle in a scene last weekend

When I saw Equus a few months ago a woman in the production was playing the stern child counselor and friend of the doctor. It's a serious role. I couldn't help notice the tiny script of "Laugh!" tatted on her ankle. Hm.

You know when the truth gets told you can get what you want or you can just get old.

No comments: