Sunday, April 28, 2013

I Will Miss You!

This morning on PostSecret there is a picture of coffee cups. The sender wrote, "What I would give for one more cup with you."

Oh, it is so true. What we exchange for quality time with people we love, and if we no longer could, THEN what we would exchange.

I would probably go into a year's worth of debt--ten years, twenty--to have another hour with you if that were no longer an option. Do you know what I mean? I'd scrape slugs off the sidewalk with a spatula. I'd smile and nod to consumers. I'd fold a trillion towels. I would if it meant a mocha, advice, affection, a genuine touch.
Strangers sharing the beginnings of a journey.
(I salute you!)
(God be with you!)
(I will miss you!)
In the darkness of the dawn--journey on.

1 comment:

Mary said...

And you will be missed!