Friday, January 27, 2012

Muff Stuff

Muff and I exchange weekly e-mails to stay connected and updated with each other. This is a line from this week's MuffDate (Muff Update):

"____ makes a smoothie for me. I am happy to use the last of the Stonyfield yogurt before it goes bad. We both head to work at about 3:30."

For some reason this floored me.

1. We always remember when we wreck stuff--like let yogurt go bad, but rarely do we celebrate our responsibility to do what we mean to. I don't think we need constant parades for, like, doing our laundry or anything, but, mini mental streamers for finishing food before expiration, remembering to pack that extra pair of socks for the gym.
2. Not only did Muff have the gratitude to consider the yogurt at the time, when thinking about her week in full, it stuck out to her as something worth telling me. Maybe this seems boring, but, how could it be? It's a detail that takes two seconds to read, and it colored her life, and it made me remember to be happy!

Love that girl.
News: I bought plane tickets to visit her and Jamba for Spring Break.
More News: I got literally three hours of sleep last night. Still going strong somehow--even after a full day of HENNE and PERFORMANCE ART and...sub-par calzones.


LC, Muff, Me. May 2011.

Breaking News: Just got an e-mail update about the best and worst part of my sister's day--"Worst: I shamed our family. I only ate three cookies."

No comments: