Tuesday, November 1, 2011

GONNA LIVE FOREVVVVAH!


Stripes & Me. January 2011.

We call ourselves The Holy Trinity--Stripes, Muff, and I. I don't know exactly how it started, but I think it had to do with chanting in my car on the way to The Chocolate Bar right before graduation, "LIFE NOT DEATH." We swore over pot de creme to carpe diem forever and ever amen! For fun we personalized it. We asked...Okay. Who is who? And we all knew. The barefooted Stripes who travels on whims, the floating Muff with her metaphysical ears perked, me with my stubborn Truth. I like writing e-mails to Stripes and starting them "Dear Jesus." LITERALLY. It's almost half as funny as getting e-mails that begin "Dear God--"

I worry semi-often that one day I will claim some type of fame, and someone will be dirt-digging on me, and while I'll be clean as far as drug addictions and assisted theft go, the diggers will find much better. They will learn that I have friends who call me God, and I never ask them to stop. Someone will recall that my computer wallpaper was a frame of Clueless. And, I wasn't being ironic.

No comments: