Friday, June 25, 2010

Cooking by the Book


cooking a gourmet meal in the woods during Pre-Camp

Support. I drone on and on about it all the time. If you don't support the meat industry, don't eat meat. Don't support how Wal-Mart sucks up little business, don't shop there. If you don't support beer ads, don't drink beer. It's that simple. Cooking by the book.

But recently I've been wondering...if my deeds match my support. Sometimes the blatant answer is no. I don't like gossip, yet I know I talk about what isn't important from time to time. I also support effortless joy, but sometimes it's hard for me to be happy. Am I putting my money where my mouth is in more situations than my meals and material goods?

Someone once told me she learned the number one environmental problem is overpopulation and the number one reason is pre-marital sex. Facts? Maybe not the number one...but there would be hella less folk on this overpopulated planet if there was no pre-marital sex. This woman told me she wouldn't have pre-marital sex to support a lifestyle that supports less people. Wow! Taking the steps to get from a world problem to being a nuanced person who walks the talk.

Still mulling it all over.

It's a piece of cake to make a piece of cake.
If the way is hazy, you've gotta do the cooking by the book.
You know you can't be lazy.

No comments: