Saturday, May 13, 2023

I Wish This Were Japan

I can't believe I came back over a week ago. I had the most amazing, magical string of eleven days in my favorite country. A week ago I felt glittery with memories and ideal shifts. Today after an intense work week on the line and in the studio, those feelings have already begun fading. And I don't want to lose any more! So I'm going to dedicate some future question mark amount of blog posts to my experience

The sun crept out after one rainy Kyoto morning. Puhg and I were walking down down the windy brick streets in Gion when we saw a butterfly flitting to a flower. We both stopped and gawked. An older Japanese man paused too. He pointed to the new friend and turned to us, "BUTTERFLY!" he said. And then the critter was gone and we all went on our ways. But it was just so special for some odd reason. "Everybody stops and watches a butterfly," Puhg said.

No comments: